Day 14 of 30-day blog challenge. Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog. First of all, thank you for being with me. Today marks the second week of the challenge, and guess what? We are still keeping up! Now, let me ask you this question: What do you consider to be your greatest asset? Honestly, this topic is a tough one because if you think about the question and answer it yourself, you might be shy talking about your “gifts” – simply because you might be bragging if you say so. However, asset is something you have which you are grateful for. Among these things, you are going to pick the best one today. However, some of us may find it hard to answer this right away, just like me. So, let’s try to talk about the first things – what really is an asset?
If you will look up the word asset, the below definition will first pop up.
a useful or valuable thing, person, or quality.
“quick reflexes were his chief asset”
Based on the above definition, asking what is your greatest asset is also the same with asking what is the most valuable thing to you. Now, let’s take a look at some of the most common answers from people.
- Possession. Alright, many people might answer material things that they do possess like hard-earned car or house. It could be something which they really worked hard for. But, what if you lost these possessions?
- Appearance. Some might say that what sets them apart from others is their good looks. Having that best-shaped body and incredibly beautiful face that will wow the crowd is something which they are really proud of. But, what if you get old and older and gravity will take its toll?
- Abilities. Some might say that their golden voice is their asset. But, what if you can no longer sing?
- Intelligence. Some might also say that their intelligence sets them apart. But, what if someday your brain will fail you?
Have you noticed these things will fade away?
Some of you reading this might be their first time today to stop over and think about what really their asset is. Please be happy because you actually have one. It is true that an asset is something that sets you apart from the others. In addition to that, it is something that makes you a more valuable part of something that is bigger. It could be that you
- are able to create wealth
- make everyone smile when you enter the room
- influence others greatly
- make things easier when you teach
What is your greatest asset?
Now, if you ask me this question, my answer would be grit – the combination of perseverance and passion. Why? It’s simply because I don’t give up easily – especially on goals I really want to achieve. Every single time I find myself trying to overcome an obstacle, I would remind myself, “Girl, you have that spirit! Keep pushing…” Well, I believe that is one of the things I am most grateful about. Because, if not, this blog challenge has long been dead (hahaha).
How about yours? What is your greatest asset?
This post is part of the 30-day blog challenge below.
Did you like this article? Let littlemisadvencha know in the comment section.
Cha of Little Misadvencha is a Filipino Civil Engineer, researcher and a fur mom. She came from General Santos City and finds that everything in life teaches her a lesson. She is inspired to write about and out of her experiences, but later found out that it was her experiences that actually inspire her.