Food and Travel
Inspirational
Pets
Devotion
what are you afraid of

30-Day Blog Challenge: What Are You Afraid Of?

What are you afraid of? It’s a question I’m going to answer today for the day 06 of 30-day blog challenge I launched a few days ago. Here, I won’t be talking about phobias – fear of heights, snakes, spiders or cockroaches. Instead, I’ll be diving a little deeper and talk about fears to the core.

what are you afraid of

Cha, what are you afraid of?

1. Giving up on the right things.

We are taught to believe that the best approach to a life of success is to not give up. Although perseverance, persistence and grit are the essential ingredients of success, so is knowing to walk away. However, when you finally do so, what if you realize you give up on the right thing? You never really know until it is done.

2. Leaving words unsaid.

Communication is an important cornerstone of relationships. It’s through our words and actions that we share our true selves with others. I believe that we all have the desire to be understood, but it can only happen if we speak our mind. What if you choose not to express yourself authentically to a person just because you think there’s always a time for that – only to regret it when that same person passes away. As much as possible, express yourself now to your parents, siblings, friends and even enemies. The more honestly you share yourself with, the more peaceful and fulfilling your life will be.

fear

3. Fear of mediocrity

A lot of people are happy or contented being a mediocre. It may sound crazy, but it’s true. It’s either they choose to be like that or they are left with no choice. These people, I believe, once had dreams and goals for themselves but they allowed their environment to limit them. That’s why now, they are swimming in the sea of mediocrity. This is what I fear of to happen to me. I also have read somewhere that to avoid this, focus on what you want, give it your all and never give up.

4. Living without a purpose.

Sooner or later, we will depart this place. If you ask an average person what life is all about, it’s common to hear answers such as love, family, wealth, influence, success and development. Suppose, life is about these things, would we really be fulfilled if we have all of these? What about these people – front liners, war heroes? What about the stillborn babies? Does this mean that their lives are without meaning?

Life is never without meaning, and according to the source of the only truth – the bible, life should revolve around the Maker of all these things. What I really want is to live a life enjoying His gifts at all times – a life where my eyes are fixed on the eternal things and not on this temporal world. I want to live a life that is pleasing to His eyes. I am only human and my greatest fear is falling short of God’s will for me.

This post is part of 30-day blog challenge below.

30-day blog challenge

How about you? What are you afraid of? Let littlemisadvencha know in the comment section.

30-Day Blog Challenge: My Proudest Moment
30-Day Blog Challenge: Playing My Favorite Songs
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
44 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Marie Phillips
April 11, 2020 4:25 pm

I have historically let my fears control my actions. I have largely healed from that, but so many years were wasted because I allowed it to get the best of me. These are great thoughts.

Nyxie
April 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Everything you fear is very similar to me. Especially living without purpose.
Loving this series so far!

Amber Myers
April 11, 2020 4:25 pm

I am afraid of heights. I tend to get all shaky when I get high up. I try to appreciate the view, but I’m usually like, “I need to get back on the ground!”

Kez
April 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Unfortunately, I think it’s inevitable at some point that something is left unsaid. Or more to the point, not said in the way we meant it. But hindsight is always 20/20 on that one.

Alissa Ackerman
April 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Damn… That Anais Nin quote hurts, it’s so vividly true…

I’m definitely afraid of mediocrity and living without purpose, too… I’m also terrified of delusion, being tricked, wasting precious time, not being loved for who i am, and feeling trapped in a life i don’t want, never getting to experience my potential.

Damn this post brought a lot to mind…but it feels freeing.

Krysten Quiles
April 11, 2020 4:25 pm

I think a lot of us can say we have these same fears. One of mine is failure. I tend to not do things if I think I’ll fail because I’m scared of it.

Julia Hess
April 11, 2020 4:25 pm

It is so easy to fall in a rut or mediocrity. I was there before I started my blog. Even sometimes I still feel like I am in a rut. I love living with a purpose. I feel like everything happens for a reason even the bad things in our lives happen for some reason.

Akshay Toshniwal
April 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Beautifully written on how one can avoid fear and get over it. Remove fear from your mind and get going ahead in whatever you love doing. Your article ignites positivity and motivation. Thank you so much for sharing!❤❤

aisasami
April 11, 2020 4:25 pm

I have many fears, I even had a panic attack today. I am going to get help with it but it is scary.

GiGi Eats
April 11, 2020 4:25 pm

I definitely don’t blog every day. Once a week is good enough for me. But I will definitely be taking some of these ideas into consideration in terms of what to blog about next! 🙂

Bible Verse of the Day

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Web Hosting Trusted by Wordpress