Hola! Como esta? Down to the 23rd day of the challenge. Here I will be talking about my guilty pleasures. Of course we all have our own guilty pleasures whether it could be eating a whole gallon of chocolate ice cream or sleeping the whole day after calling in sick. We all have that crave pleasures.
What is a guilty pleasure?
I guess it’s a good starting point to define what a guilty pleasure is. Thanks to Google for handing us any information we need right away.
Well, based on the above, a guilty pleasure is something that you enjoy doing, even though it may be embarrassing when people find out. This could be anything. However, just because they aren’t held in high regard, doesn’t not mean you have to give them up. Below is a list of my guilty pleasures and please, don’t judge me (haha).
My Guilty Pleasures
- Talking in front of the mirror when nobody’s watching. I do a lot of presentations both at work and school. They said it’s one of the oldest tips when you speak out to the public. Well, the mirror helps me to see what I look like.
- Cleaning other’s ears. Of course, I only choose whose ears I clean, but I love ear cleaning, especially that satisfaction when you finally remove that earwax inside! It just feels so good.
- Smelling my own fart. My question is why do we find other people’s farts so disgusting, but perfectly okay with—and/or maybe even like—our own? The answer is I don’t know.
- Binge-eating a whole box of dark chocolate in one go. Oops! I can raid a box of dark chocolate especially when I am busy doing something else. I mean – who wouldn’t love chocolates?
- Playlist of old songs. I am never updated of the latest music trends ever since high school. If you browse my playlist, you’d find classic ones like John Denver, The Carpenters, acoustic bands, etc – which I really enjoy the most. Because of this, my friends bullied me before.
- Popping pimples. Yes, I’m pretty much aware of the consequences – scars and hyper-pigmentation. But still, the pleasure! I even enjoy seeing the puss ooze out of the pores.
Alright, I could probably go on with the list. However, my point is I don’t feel any sort of guilt with the above, though – uhm a little with pimple popping. But, life’s a bit too short for worrying about it.
How about you? What’s yours?
This post is part of the 30-day blog challenge below.
Did you like this article?
Let littlemisadvencha know in the comment section.
Cha of Little Misadvencha is a Filipino Civil Engineer, researcher and a fur mom. She came from General Santos City and finds that everything in life teaches her a lesson. She is inspired to write about and out of her experiences, but later found out that it was her experiences that actually inspire her.
Looking at this list really made me laugh, but we can all agree that we all have our own guilty pleasures, which can embarrassing to other people.?
My guilty pleasure is listening to songs, playing the violin and painting..hehe..However, the one which tops the list is probably working…LOL
I also love playing old songs and watching old movies from the 1930s to 1960s. My favorite is Gone with the Wind.
Haha, that’s a pretty awesome list. Even though I’ve never met you in person, I can almost hear you talking about these and laughing about it while you shrug your shoulders. 🙂 It is a good thing to be comfortable with yourself.
Playing old songs is heaven! I like old songs than the ones we have now. Gosh tita na ba ako LOL #batang90s
Mukhang maganda rin gumawa ng blog challenge hmmm
I love this! There are so many of these I too am guilty off, namely talking in front of the mirror or to myself in the car.
Sticking my finger in the peanut butter jar and then licking my finger clean, hehe. SO GOOD! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!
Talking in front of the mirror when nobody’s watching and Playlist of old songs are mine guilty pleasures too……… Thanks for sharing it with us….
Thanks for getting real with us for this list of guilty pleasures! There’s definitely no judgement from me. I have a guilty pleasure of watching movies while eating snacks in bed – even though my husband hates me for it because he thinks I get crumbs everywhere that make him itch all night! hahaha
Such a pretty amusing list! You must have hated it every time someone stops you from popping your pimples out. Haha.