Hola! Como esta? Down to the 23rd day of the challenge. Here I will be talking about my guilty pleasures. Of course we all have our own guilty pleasures whether it could be eating a whole gallon of chocolate ice cream or sleeping the whole day after calling in sick. We all have that crave pleasures.
What is a guilty pleasure?
I guess it’s a good starting point to define what a guilty pleasure is. Thanks to Google for handing us any information we need right away.
Well, based on the above, a guilty pleasure is something that you enjoy doing, even though it may be embarrassing when people find out. This could be anything. However, just because they aren’t held in high regard, doesn’t not mean you have to give them up. Below is a list of my guilty pleasures and please, don’t judge me (haha).
My Guilty Pleasures
- Talking in front of the mirror when nobody’s watching. I do a lot of presentations both at work and school. They said it’s one of the oldest tips when you speak out to the public. Well, the mirror helps me to see what I look like.
- Cleaning other’s ears. Of course, I only choose whose ears I clean, but I love ear cleaning, especially that satisfaction when you finally remove that earwax inside! It just feels so good.
- Smelling my own fart. My question is why do we find other people’s farts so disgusting, but perfectly okay with—and/or maybe even like—our own? The answer is I don’t know.
- Binge-eating a whole box of dark chocolate in one go. Oops! I can raid a box of dark chocolate especially when I am busy doing something else. I mean – who wouldn’t love chocolates?
- Playlist of old songs. I am never updated of the latest music trends ever since high school. If you browse my playlist, you’d find classic ones like John Denver, The Carpenters, acoustic bands, etc – which I really enjoy the most. Because of this, my friends bullied me before.
- Popping pimples. Yes, I’m pretty much aware of the consequences – scars and hyper-pigmentation. But still, the pleasure! I even enjoy seeing the puss ooze out of the pores.
Alright, I could probably go on with the list. However, my point is I don’t feel any sort of guilt with the above, though – uhm a little with pimple popping. But, life’s a bit too short for worrying about it.
How about you? What’s yours?
This post is part of the 30-day blog challenge below.
Did you like this article?
Let littlemisadvencha know in the comment section.
Cha of Little Misadvencha is a Filipino Civil Engineer, researcher and a fur mom. She came from General Santos City and finds that everything in life teaches her a lesson. She is inspired to write about and out of her experiences, but later found out that it was her experiences that actually inspire her.