Each person is unique. We have our own sense of humor, our voice, our DNA, our expressions, our walk our dance moves, our ancestors, our face, our almost everything. We are peculiar. Most of all, sometimes, we are weird. When we hear a person is weird, sometimes it is associated with negativity. People tend to stay away with that person because they couldn’t jive along with his weirdness. However, if we put our shoes to the feet of that person, the more we embrace our weirdness, the more effective we will become. As part of the 30-day blog challenge, I’m going to share my four weird traits, and why it’s okay to be weird.
In fact, four is just too small to be a number for my weird traits. There’s a lot just so you know. Before I share them, down below are some reasons why you should embrace your weirdness.
Why it’s okay to be weird
- It’s interesting. When you become upright and over-controlled, you also become far less interesting. However, if you stay true to yourself and embrace your uniqueness, people will be drawn to you to get to know you. So, if you want to build relationships, it becomes effortless.
- It’s inspiring. Do not try to become someone you are not. You can always fake it, but at the end of the day, you will feel that there will always be something missing. It doesn’t matter whether you are outgoing or a quiet type of person, you’ll never be more inspirational than being who you are.
- It’s authentic. We don’t trust those who just put on a show of perfection to become someone they are not. It feels like it’s too manufactured. The genuine expressions will always represent our most comfortable self.
My Four Weird Traits
- I am pinching for comfort. I have this habit of pinching for comfort. I’ve always done this since I was still a child. It’s not like I am mean nor angry. Basically, if you are sitting/standing next to me, I love to pinch that skin on your hands or arms especially that outer layer. I always love to pinch my mother’s arms – full of fats. I don’t know if it’s painful. But, I always ask if it hurts, so I can moderate (haha).
- I fart a lot and burp too loud. I don’t know maybe I am a person with too much gas inside. Most of the time, farts are odorless, but there were cases, they’re deadly! When it comes to burping, my friend is always jealous about this – because a small shot of soda can cause me to burp too loud!
- It takes me hoooouuurs to finish my coffee. Minimum of five hours. I don’t want to drink my coffee right away. It has to stay for quite a few hours then ends up being not drank because it’s already too cold.
- I always wonder about what lies exactly after death. I always have this dream of floating directly above my human body, and watching it right after I will pass away. It’s pretty scary though. There was also this time that I dreamed that I was shot by a gun while talking to a friend. It was a stray bullet. Out of shock, I touched the part where the bullet hit. Then, I noticed my soul was slowly detaching from my body. People were running towards us, and I looked back, I saw the dead me. Weird, right?
How about you? What are your weird traits?
This post is part of the 30-day blog challenge below.
Did you like this article? Let littlemisadvencha know in the comment section.
Cha of Little Misadvencha is a Filipino Civil Engineer, researcher and a fur mom. She came from General Santos City and finds that everything in life teaches her a lesson. She is inspired to write about and out of her experiences, but later found out that it was her experiences that actually inspire her.