Food and Travel
Inspirational
Pets
Devotion

30-Day Blog Challenge: Highs and Lows of 2019

Day 16 of 30-day blog challenge. After the silver year, there went 2019 which was also packed with its highs and lows. 2019 was all sorts of amazing and unexpected. As part of the 30-day blog challenge, I will be talking about the highs and lows of 2019.

The Highs and Lows of 2019

The Low

I started pursuing my master’s degree the year of 2017. Going after it is not as easy as you think. But, I believe, based on experience, it depends on the univeristy and course you enroll to and take. If you believe that you are just going to have a good time getting those easy A’s and thinking that you are just going to get some requirements done in order to pass a subject, then be prepared to stack that dream in the same pile as mine.

Skimming my old notes

After juggling work and school during the first year, working through the courses; studying chapters of books; explaining concepts of advanced reinforced concrete on essays, failing an exam, passing it the second time; solving advanced math’s fourier series, Sturm-Liouville Theorem, Legendre Equations, etc;  and most especially, endlessly working on my thesis, all I thought I was going to graduate in 2019. But, I did not.

But, it’s okay. Why? Because, I am not alone fighting the battle. Professors, colleagues, family, friends, cats and dogs (hahaha) are my great support network. They inspire me to redefine our definition of success, and provide encouragement every step of the way.

Read Related Post  What Lessons Has Graduate School Taught Me So Far?
highs and lows of 2019

The High

So, I mentioned I am working on my thesis. I was expecting to graduate last December 2019, and prior to graduation, I tried my luck on applying for an international conference to present my research and wish for it to be published. So, while waiting for my final defense that year, I gathered all my requirements, polished my paper and submitted them for review. Lo and behold, a few weeks of review and my paper got accepted. Even though I didn’t make it to graduating that year due to the revisions after my final oral presentation, I was able to present my paper to the Interntional Conference of Materials Science and Engineering 2019 held in Kyoto, Japan.

highs and lows of 2019

Not only that, thanks to all who helped me, especially to God, I was awarded the Best Oral Presentation.

I believe in feeling all of the feelings. Let each emotion run down through your veins. Most of all, let it lead you to creativity and personal growth.

The most important among all things is to find the beauty and balance between the highs and lows. Never let hope leave you.

How about you? What’s your highs and lows of 2019?

This post is part of 30-day blog challenge below.

30-day blog challenge

Did you like this article? Let littlemisadvencha know in the comment section.

30-Day Blog Challenge: What is Your Worst Trait?
30-Day Blog Challenge: My Earliest Memories
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
47 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Stephen
April 22, 2020 7:14 am

Hope you finally manage to active your goals ?

the joyous living
April 22, 2020 6:47 am

that is amazing news that you finished your thesis. congratulations!! that is a huge high indeed. i hope you celebrated well.

Melanie williams
Melanie williams
April 22, 2020 5:19 am

Aw life is full of highs and lows, but sounds like you everything in check for sure. Keep going hun x

Eloise
April 22, 2020 3:59 am

even though you didn’t graduate when you wanted, you DID accomplish your paper and that is amazing! You must feel great! and it’s always wonderful to have a strong support system to keep encouraging you… congrats!

Wendy Polisi
Wendy Polisi
April 22, 2020 2:58 am

In comparison 2019 wasn’t a bad year at all! I wish I could repeat last year for sure.

Kuntala Bhattacharya
Kuntala Bhattacharya
April 21, 2020 11:28 pm

Happy to learn that you have completed your thesis work. I can understand that you are intelligent and possess a desire to do something new. I like that coz I am like that. I cant sit idle and want to learn more. For my Highs, I am progressing well in my blogging. I have a full time job working for 21 years in an IT industry and have achieved much. Lows are all vacations gone and am unable to meet my parents.

Marysa
April 21, 2020 10:30 pm

That is wonderful that all of your hard work and sacrifices paid off. It sounds like you achieved so much – congratulations on your award!

Ana Rose
April 21, 2020 6:54 pm

Congratulations on making it on your oral presentation in Japan. You are such an inspiration! I also have both my high and lows in 2019 and I think everybody has something to share on it too. I think, what matter is that no matter how many lows we experienced, we still make it to move forward and never let unhappy things crippled us. Thank you for sharing.

Nilakshi
April 21, 2020 5:31 pm

I understand that Masters degree is hard. I sailed the same boat last year. But yes, you said it right that without the low, we can’t experience the highs

emman damian
April 21, 2020 5:06 pm

You can do it! I’m doing my master’s degree too and about to graduate this June. You can do this! Believe in yourself!

Bible Verse of the Day

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Web Hosting Trusted by Wordpress